NEWSCAST- Thursday, October 3, 2019
- A Health Studies professor is one of four honourees for Ontario’s most outstanding university teachers.
- Professor Jennifer Irwin is being recognized by the Ontario Confederation of University Faculty Associations.
- Irwin believes that the key to being an effective prof is caring about your students and wanting to see them succeed.
- Irwin will be honoured during a ceremony in Toronto on Oct. 19
- The Thames Valley District School Board has announced starting Monday, London schools will be on strike.
- Thousands of workers began a work-to-rule campaign last Monday.
- In a statement issued Wednesday, the public school board announced a decision regarding school closures will be made by Friday morning.
- London suburbs will be seeing a speed limit decrease.
- The speed limit will drop for 50 to 40 kilometres per hour.
- School zones also may be lowered to 30 kilometres per hour.
- Council also approved the installation of a photo radar system in school zones.
- London local, Damian Warner, holds the lead in the decathlon at the world track and field championships.
- The 29-year-old is in the lead with 4513 points.
- Today he will be competing in 110-metre hurdle and pole vault.
- On Friday, both men's and women's uwo tennis teams will be competing against Mcgill university at 4 pm.
- Light rain expected today and showers anticipated for tonight. Today will have a high of 17.
- Friday with a high of 14
- Saturday with a high of 15
- Sunday with a high of 20