NEWSCAST - Monday, October 7, 2019
- Students from Western University started a GoFundMe campaign to raise money for an 89-year-old woman whose roof was damaged during last weekend’s FoCo party on Broughdale Avenue.
- Ontario’s provincial government has reached a deal with the union that represents education workers, avoiding a strike deadline by just hours.
- The 55,000 school workers represented by the Canadian Union of Public Employees began a work-to-rule campaign last week that failed to pressure the province into making concessions in a collective agreement.
- They announced that they’d strike if they didn’t reach a deal by 12:01 a.m. on Monday, today.
- London Comic Con happened this weekend, from October 5-6. For 6 years, the event has attracted celebrities from, and creators of pop culture.
- Hundreds of fans –many in costume—filled both floors of the RBC Place, formerly the London Convention Centre, Saturday.
- Marc Liegghio's field goal with no time remaining sealed a come from behind 45-42 Mustangs win over Waterloo Saturday afternoon.
- The Mustangs move to 7-0 on the season with the win. Waterloo is now 4-2.
- The Mustangs women's rugby team lost their first playoff game of the season by a 17-10 margin to the Waterloo Warriors – their smallest margin of the season yet. The loss will bring the Mustangs to a 0-5 record for the season, leaving them in 5th place in the OUA SHIELS Division
- On Tuesday, expect a temperature of 18 degrees with some sun. Moving into Wednesday the nice weather continues, with a temperature of 19 degrees and more sun. It is currently 14 degrees with cloudy skies.