NEWSCAST - Friday, December 13th, 2019
- Saugeen-Maitland Hall, one of Western’s most iconic residence buildings is celebrating 50 years as the starting point for thousands of students embarking on their university careers.
- Cynthia Liao, HBA’14, was recently named a Schwarzman Scholar, one of 145 young global leaders to receive this distinguished scholarship to pursue a master’s degree in global affairs at Schwarzman College at in Beijing.
- London heritage advocates are calling on Middlesex County to postpone the sale of its historic former courthouse, conditionally sold to a local developer, to allow for further input from the public and avoid the historic property from ending up in private hands.
- Thanks to a $2,000 donation from the Southwold Township Optimist Club, London’s Wilton Grove kindergarteners can now stay warm when they play outside in the cold and snow.
- After unexpected challenge, the Mustangs water polo team finished in fifth place at the OUA championships.
- Expect a cloudy weekend with a high of 2 on Saturday and a rainy Sunday with a high of -2 degrees. It is currently 0 with an expected high of 4 in the late afternoon.