NEWSCAST: Tuesday, June 2nd, 2020
- The Virtual Town Hall took place on Zoom, on Monday, June 1st, 2020 from 3 pm to 4 pm with President Alan Shepard and members of Western’s senior leadership team. They discussed Westerns strategy to open up the university for the fall term in September 2020.
- Most importantly, Western’s hybrid or mixed model was discussed with emphasis on on-campus experiences for students. Notably, students having their program of study completely online will still be allowed to live in residences.
- The City of London is canceling existing Summer Day Camp programming due to the current restrictions put in place due to COVID-19.
- In solidarity with Americans and Canadians protesting the death of George Floyd, a local rally in London has garnered a lot of support.
- Black Lives Matter London is hosting a physical distancing rally in London’s Victoria Park from 3 to 6 p.m. this Saturday.
- St. Marys Lincolns trainer Darren Smale was named trainer of the year by the Ontario Hockey Association Monday.
- On the brighter side, Spain has reported no deaths related to COVID-19 over a 24-hour period for the first time since March.
- The country also confirmed there had only been 71 new infections in the 24-hour period.
- Expect the temperature to be around 29 degrees Celsius today. It will be cloudy with rain showers ending in the morning and it will remain partly sunny in the afternoon.