NEWSCAST: Tuesday, June 30th, 2020
- The Western Accelerator is a critical component of the cross-campus Western Entrepreneurship ecosystem and is open to Western students, faculty, and recent alumni with an expectation of a full-time commitment.
- If you are thinking of expanding your business sense and business, Applications for Western Accelerator’s virtual fall cohort in September are now open. Applications close on July 5, 2020, at 11:59 pm EDT.
LOCAL AND NATIONAL:
- The City of London is going to hire an active transportation manager. The person responsible would help create opportunities for Londoners to get around town on a bike, on foot, or on public transit.
- The federal government’s ongoing review about the good, bad, and possibly ugly parts of its response to COVID-19 will feed into plans for an improved response to a potential second wave of the coronavirus, Prime Minister Justin Trudeau said on Monday.
- The Toronto Raptors' return to basketball has them living in an otherwise empty hotel in the Fort Myers area of Florida, a COVID-19 hotspot that has seen new cases skyrocketing.
- They wake up to almost daily testing for the coronavirus before driving in staggered small groups to Alico Arena, home of the Florida Gulf Coast University Eagles, for the closest thing to a practice that's allowed.
- The US Supreme Court has ruled that a law restricting abortions in Louisiana is unconstitutional. In a landmark decision, the justices said a law requiring that doctors who provide abortions have the right to admit patients at a local hospital placed an undue burden on women