NEWSCAST - Monday 20th July 2020
- Former University of Birmingham (U.K.) School of Sport, Exercise and Rehabilitation Sciences professor Alison Rushton began her new role as director of Western’s School of Physical Therapy June 1. She will travel to campus once COVID-19 travel restrictions are lifted.
- A Western researcher is hoping to unify parents, teachers and language professionals in identifying and treating a hidden language disorder that impedes children’s basic communication skills.
LOCAL AND NATIONAL:
- London’s top public health official is making face masks mandatory in all indoor public places effective Saturday, and encouraging the city and area municipalities to pass bylaws requiring them.
- Now that the region has officially moved into Ontario’s Stage 3 of the novel coronavirus reopening plan as of Friday, gyms across London-Middlesex are picking up the pace when it comes to reopening safely.
- The Blue Jays are turning to a backup plan after finding out they wouldn't be allowed to play any games at Toronto's Rogers Centre this season.
- EU leaders trying to hammer out a huge post-coronavirus economic recovery plan are now in an unscheduled third day of a testy summit in Brussels.
- On Tuesday, expect a temperature of 28 degrees with cloudy skies. Moving onto Friday expect temperatures to be 28 degrees with a chance of showers. Expect temperatures to be at a max. of 28 degrees.