NEWSCAST: Thursday, September 24th, 2020
- On Wednesday, Ontario reported 335 new cases, a considerable drop from the previous two days.
- However, in a televised address, Prime Minister Justin Trudeau said, Canada is at a "crossroads" as the pandemic is set to be worse than when it first began.
- A partnership announced on Wednesday by Institute for Earth and Space Exploration (Western Space) presents Electrical and computer engineering professor Jayshri Sabarinathan, associate director of training and education for the Institute for Earth & Space Exploration with a chance of a lifetime – a rocket launch for her own out-of-this-world project.
LOCAL AND NATIONAL:
- The Middlesex London Health Unit (MLHU) reported double-digit coronavirus cases for the first time in nearly a week, as 12 people tested positive on Wednesday.
- The former hurricane Teddy arrived in Nova Scotia as a post-tropical storm on Wednesday morning, bringing plenty of wind and rain for the province but paling in comparison to infamous past storms.
- Luis Suarez is staying in Spain after all. Barcelona announced on Wednesday that it reached a deal with Atletico Madrid for the transfer of the Uruguay striker for 6 million euros ($7 million US).
- Angry, confused and shedding tears, demonstrators who spent months calling for justice in the fatal police shooting of Breonna Taylor resumed their protests on Wednesday after prosecutors announced a single officer had been indicted — but not on charges involving the Black woman's death.
- Expect the temperatures to be ranging between 26 and 12 degrees Celsius today. The day will experience Intervals of clouds and sunshine. A stray shower or thunderstorm is also possible. On Friday, expect the temperature to be around 25 degrees Celsius.