NEWSCAST - Wednesday 30th September 2020
- Ontario reporting 625 cases of COVID-19. Locally, there are 288 new cases in Toronto with 97 in Peel, 64 in Ottawa and 41 in York Region. Sixty-two per cent of Wednesday's cases are in people under the age of 40. Almost 35,800 tests were completed.
- This year, as part of a virtual Orange Shirt Day – on Wednesday, Sept. 30 – Western’s Office of Indigenous Initiatives (OII) and the Indigenous Student Centre (ISC) are encouraging members of the Western community to mark the event by purchasing and wearing a customized orange shirt.
LOCAL AND NATIONAL:
- Thirteen Shoppers Drug Mart stores in nine Southwestern Ontario cities are seeing their first COVID-19 testing clients Tuesday, days after Queen’s Park rolled out pharmacy-based testing in harder-hit areas of Ontario.
- The Middlesex-London Health Unit (MLHU) is reporting just one new COVID-19 case in the region on Tuesday.
- Luis Suárez quickly made an impact at Atlético Madrid. Former teammate Lionel Messi was his usual impressive self for Barcelona.
- President Donald Trump and his challenger Joe Biden have fiercely clashed in one of the most chaotic and bitter White House debates in years.
- On Thursday, expect a temperature of 13 degrees with cloudy skies. Moving onto Wednesday expect temperatures to be 11 degrees with a chance of a thunderstorm. Expect temperatures to be at max. Of 15 degrees.