NEWSCAST: Tuesday, October 20th, 2020
- Ontario is reporting another major spike in the number of new COVID-19 cases, the province reported another 821 cases of COVID-19 on Tuesday with about 24,000 tests done.
- Elizabeth Saki is part of the class of 2020, having graduated with degrees in business and English and creative writing. Ellie Sak may well be the first business student in Ivey Business School history to clinch an internship by reciting Robert Frost's poems.
LOCAL AND NATIONAL:
- The Middlesex London Health Unit (MLHU) reported 11 new cases of COVID-19 in the London area on Monday. Officials are advising people to expect new public health measures to be announced in the coming days for certain facilities.
- The Canadian Radio-television and Telecommunications Commission has approved an Elon Musk-owned company's application to provide low Earth orbit satellite internet to rural Canadians.
- Belgium, Netherlands, and Germany have launched a joint bid to host the 2027 women's soccer World Cup.
- Expect the temperatures to be ranging between 7 and 12 degrees Celsius today. The day will experience a mix of clouds and sunshine.