NEWSCAST - Friday, January 11th, 2019
- Unlike current university president Amit Chakma, incoming Western University president Alan Shepard will not have the option to take a cash payment instead of paid administrative leave.
- The contract, which was made public by CBC News, specifies that his administrative leave cannot be monetized and paid in cash.
- Chakma’s contract allows him to receive an equivalent cash payment in lieu of taking his paid administrative leave.
- Starting Monday, the Greg Curnoe Tunnel, a pedestrian and cyclist tunnel west of downtown, will be closed for maintenance for up to seven weeks.
- According to city officials, pedestrians and cyclists should instead use the sidewalks from Wharncliffe Road to Horton Street.
- There will be cyclist detour routes between Riverview Avenue, Wharncliffe Road and Horton Street.
- A suspect accused of luring a 10-year-old girl on Instagram has been caught due to cooperation between London and Hamilton police.
- According to officers, the suspect messaged the girl on the social media platform while pretending to be a 13-year-old girl named Amanda.
- Today the Western Mustangs men’s hockey team will look to make it 8 straight wins in the 2018-2019 OUA season, as they host the Laurier Golden Hawks at Thompson Arena with a rare 11:30am puck drop.
- It’s a School Day Game, as thousands of children are expected to be in attendance.
- Tomorrow marks an historical day here at Radio Western, as it will be our first all-female sports broadcast in our 35+ year history.
- So tune in tomorrow, as the Western Mustangs host the Laurentian Voyageurs at Thompson Arena with a 2:30pm puck drop.
- Radio Western "Your original voice of the Western Mustangs" will have all the action starting at 2:20pm as our pregame show sets you up for the 2:30pm puck drop. This is available on FM radio in the London and surrounding area on 94.9 FM, on television on Rogers Channel 943 and online at www.radiowestern.ca/stream.
- This afternoon we will reach our high of -6 degrees with a partly sunny sky and overnight we drop down to -9.
- Tomorrow will be cloudy with sunny break with a high of -4 feeling more like -10. Sunday will be sunny, but -5 with a high of -11.
- Currently it is -10, feeling more like -14 outside of our Radio Western studios.