NEWSCAST - Thursday, June 9th, 2019
- Western is the first University in Canada to host the World Summit Series
- Today is the third and final day of discussion on the future of higher education
- This year’s edition tackled such global issues in higher education as, student mobility, classrooms with artificial intelligence, and student inclusivity.
- The World Summit Series is hosted by the editors of Times Higher Education, a global authority on university excellence. Last year’s edition was held at the University of Glasgow.
- The London Police Service has announced that Steve Williams will take over for Chief John Pare when he retires on June 18th
- Williams is currently the LPS Deputy Chief, and has been with the service since 1992
- Earlier this week, Trish McIntyre was appointed as the acting deputy chief.
- The Toronto Raptors now lead the NBA Finals two games to one after last night’s 123-109 win over the Golden State Warriors.
- The Raptors led for a majority of the game against the injured Warriors, with Kawhi Leonard scoring 30 points and Kyle Lowry netting 23 for Toronto.
- Steph Curry had a game-high 47 points for the Warriors in their loss.
- There were hundreds of fans gathered at Dundas place here in London to watch the Raptors win tonight.
- Game 4 of the series will be played on Friday evening in Oakland.
- There will be a mix of sun and cloud today with a high of 24 feeling like 28 with the humidex
- Overnight will be clear with a low of 11