NEWSCAST - Wednesday, September 11, 2019
- Police have made a statement regarding the use of clipboard recruitment in classrooms here at Western University.
- These clipboards, as they are being used for advertising and commercial activity, can be considered trespassing and are not permitted, according to Inspector J.C. Aubin.
- In previous years, clipboards have been used by Student Works, although they are phasing out their use in favour of posting on Western job boards and collaborating with the Student Success Centre.
- Western University’s USC Day occurred yesterday, providing students with the opportunity to meet with some of the services and groups available on campus.
- Western’s Food Support Services and Peer Support Centre were two of the groups encouraging students to reach out if they’re in trouble or experiencing any distress.
- Groups such as the Science Student Council, Western Theatre, and Debate Club, urged students to get involved and find something that they love doing.
- Upcoming Parkjam concert has sparked concern amongst citizens regarding noise bylaws.
- Residents complained that the two-weekend event began on a “school night” and urge for heavier enforcement of the bylaw that requires noise to stay below 90 decibels.
- Parkjam organizers lost their $500 deposit to the city after failing to adhere to the regulations, but residents fear that the lack of incentive to follow the rules will become an increasing concern for London as it becomes an increasingly musical city.
- Tonight the Western Mustangs Men’s Lacrosse team will be hosting the Everest Academy for their first exhibition game of the season. First-faceoff at 7pm on Mustang Field.
- In other sports, the Western Ontario Soccer LEague games underway today will see London Croatia and London Marconi on the road to take on St.Thomas and Chatham. London Croatia will kickoff at 6pm at the Athletic Park and the Marconis will kickoff at 8:30pm at the Hellenic Community Centre.
- This afternoon should see a mix of sun and clouds with high humidity. Estimated 27 degrees but it will feel like 36. Humidity only getting stronger overnight with rain expected and the risk of a thunderstorm, bringing us a cloudy Thursday with a high of 20 and a low of 17.