NEWSCAST- Wednesday September 18, 2019
- Clubs Week 2019 encourages students to reach out and find something to be passionate about.
- Sifar Halani of the Ismaili Students' Association and Sejin Kim of the Artificial Intelligence Collective weigh-in on what each club can provide students.
- Librarians and archivists at Western University could be allowed to strike by mid-October as negotiations between the union and the university have deteriorated regarding their disproportionate workload and pay.
- Madelaine Coelho of King's College was the winner of the 2019 Global Undergraduate Awards in the social sciences category for her thesis on Twitter and rape culture. The thesis examined how rape myths are communicated online and how social media facilitates that expression.
- Fanshawe College graduate Haviah Mighty won the $50,000 Polaris prize award for her breakthrough rap album.
- In U Sports Canada’s Top 10 rankings, Western Mustang Football made first place, Men's Cross Country is 8th, Women's Soccer is 9th, and Women's Cross Country is 9th.
- Western Men’s Lacrosse Team will be playing Hill Academy tonight at 7:00 pm on Mustang Field.
- Clear skies today, high of 24, low humidity
- Thursday will be sunny with high of 23, low of 13