NEWSCAST - Tuesday, January 20th, 2020
- The Ontario government will be creating 57 scholarships to honour the Canadians that lost their lives in the recent and fatal PS752 flight. Each of the scholarships will be $10,000. 34 out of the 57 awards will go to universities that lost students in the crash.
- Saving Animals Lives Together (SALT), a London animal rescue group is asking for donations and foster families to help after a recent fire. The organization created an online fundraiser and has raised over $10,000.
- Tickets are still available for the Faceoff at the Forks. This event, taking place at Budweiser Gardens on January 30th, will put Western and Guelph’s men’s hockey teams head to head in the first annual battle.
- The Mustang men’s volleyball team won against the Royal Military College of Canada Paladins on Saturday night at Alumni Hall.
- Temperatures remain cool today, hovering around minus 4 with a low of minus ten. We will, however, get a break from snow for the next few days. Today, continuing into tomorrow, we will see a mix of sun and clouds.