NEWSCAST- Friday, January 24th, 2020
- The USC Presidential Elections debate kicked off last evening with all four candidates showcasing enthusiasm and energy by answering questions confidently and with a clear approach.
- Matt Reesor, Aleesha Rehill, Victoria Barroso and Keenen Qin met at the Atrium of the UCC once again to highlight each of their platform’s key points, while also debating how they would approach some of the
current issues on campus.
- Alert WesternU, the university’s mass communications tool for relaying campus emergency information, is expanding its reach to include an opt-in by visitors.
-Alert WesternU, powered by Everbridge, is already in place to notify students, faculty and staff via email, app and/or text message of campus emergencies needing their attention and action.
-London city has issued a call for developers interested in transforming a surface parking lot in downtown London into a multi-level, state of the art public parking garage.
-The city would retain ownership of the parking garage, which would include electrical vehicle charging and secure bicycle parking.
- On a busy night at Alumni Hall, the Mustangs Volleyball teams fell short, with both the men’s and women’s volleyball teams taking 3-1 losses at the hands of the Queens University Gaels.
- On January 30, the Mustangs will return to Budweiser Gardens for the first time in 10 years. The team will compete in their first ever “Faceoff at the Forks” against the Gryphons.
-Expect a snowy weekend with mixed precipitation on Saturday, and flurries and snow showers on Sunday, with temperatures ranging
between 2 and -5 degrees respectively.
-It is currently 3 degrees with a 60% chance of precipitation, feeling more like -2 degrees later today.