NEWSCAST - Tuesday, February 25, 2020
- This week, from February 24-28, there will be various opportunities on campus for students to become engaged with discussions surrounding gender based violence. Re:SHAPE is in its first year and aims at celebrating identities while critically addressing pressing issues students are facing.
- Yesterday evening in the UCC Atrium, the USC's Ethnocultural Support Services hosted a live panel discussion about police brutality, hypercriminalization, and ways of addressing crime rates amongst racialized communities in Canada.
-Generation Vape, a London conference will be held on March 10th at the Museum London to warn children and adults against the harmful effects of vaping.
- A new agreement has been made between the Canadian Forces and Fanshawe College. Fanshawe is newly labelled a “military-connected school” meaning canadian soldiers who enroll will be granted academic credit in certain cases for their service in the military.
- Western women’s volleyball wins against Brock on Saturday. In their last game of the regular season, the Mustangs fought hard to defeat the Badgers.
- Today we will see temperatures drop and flurries begin. The high today will be 5, but will slowly drop this evening to bring temperatures down to 1 for Wednesday with a low of minus 6. Snow will begin today and continue into Wednesday with 10cm expected through the night.