NEWSCAST - Friday, February 28th, 2020
- Western University lands contract to develop space mission imaging system. The team will work with MDA Vision Systems and Sensors on the project.
- The percentage of people living in poverty has dropped in two of Southwestern Ontario’s largest urban areas, London and Windsor, according to new Statistics Canada 2018 income survey.
- The Thorndale Community Centre was destroyed Monday after a fire broke out at about 2:30 a.m. at the Upper Queen Street facility, but will be able to continue their fundraising efforts for the town’s fall fair thanks to the support of the community.
- Western Mustangs Men's Basketball team are headed to the Ontario University Athletics Wilson Cup Finals this weekend against Carleton Ravens and then back to Ottawa next week for the U SPORTS Canada Championship.
- Expect a snowy weekend with a high of -5 on Saturday and 2 on Sunday. It is currently -8 degrees with an expected high of -5 in the late afternoon.