NEWSCAST: Tuesday, May 26th 2020
- A homegrown idea to create a 3-D printed ventilator might be the answer to a global problem first exposed in the early days of the COVID-19 pandemic.
- The Western-led system offers a dependable solution at about one-tenth of the cost of a hospital-based ventilator. It can be used as a backup in health-care facilities during emergency responses.
- Western University’s Homecoming 2020 goes virtual due to coronavirus.
LOCAL AND NATIONAL:
- The London area is under a summer-like heat alert with weeks to go yet in spring, with temperatures forecast to soar to 31 degrees Tuesday and Wednesday.
- Air Canada has unveiled a new summer schedule with flexible refund options.
- The NHL hopes to have players back in team facilities soon, with plenty of precautions.
- The Montreal Impact Soccer Club returned to their training center Monday for their first individual outdoor practice sessions during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- High daytime temperatures are forecast to be in the low thirties on Tuesday and Wednesday. Today, expect the temperature to be around 31 Degrees Celsius. It is expected to be a very sunny day.