NEWSCAST - Monday 29th June 2020
- London-based researchers are the first in the world to profile the body’s immune system response to COVID-19 – revealing a much-needed possible target for health-care professionals to treat the virus.
- Western alumna Heidi Jacobs, MLIS’06, was awarded this year’s Stephen Leacock Memorial Medal for Humour for her debut novel ‘Molly of the Mall: Literary Lass and Purveyor of Fine Footwear.’ Her book was selected from out of 84 nominees.
LOCAL AND NATIONAL:
- This year’s Canada Day won’t be the same for Londoners due to the novel coronavirus pandemic, but there are still some fun activities for families to enjoy as Canada turns 153 years old.
- India has opened one of the largest hospitals in the world to help fight coronavirus, as health authorities announced the country's biggest one-day increase in the number of new infections.
- On Tuesday, expect a temperature of 29 degrees with sunny skies. Moving onto Wednesday expect temperatures to be 29 degrees with sunny skies. It is currently 21 degrees.