NEWSCAST: Tuesday, July 7th, 2020
- Western Continuing Studies will relocate from Citi Plaza to Main Campus in Fall 2021, as the university continues to explore local partnerships to deliver lifelong learning opportunities downtown and elsewhere in London.
LOCAL & NATIONAL:
- London-Middlesex is on its way to enter Stage 3 of Ontario’s novel coronavirus reopening plan, according to London’s chief medical officer of health.
- After years of calls from some educators and advocacy groups to end the practice, the Ontario government says it will do away with academic streaming in Grade 9.
- The NHL and NHL Players' Association have taken a massive step toward resuming the pandemic-hit 2019-20 season later this summer in Edmonton and Toronto — along with securing labor peace for the foreseeable future.
- Tottenham Spurs defeated Everton 1-0 on Monday.
- Harvard University's freshman class will be invited to live on campus this fall, while most other undergraduates will be required to learn remotely from home, the Ivy League school announced on Monday.
- Expect the temperatures to be around 34 degrees Celsius today. It will be sunny throughout.
- Additionally, Environment Canada’s forecast has led the MLHU to extend the heat warning which was issued earlier last week. The Extended Heat Warning will remain in effect from Monday 6th July until temperatures are predicted to drop.