NEWSCAST - Wednesday 29th July 2020
- Thanks to a generous $2.5-million donation from William and Lynne Gray to St. Joseph’s Health Care Foundation, Western University and St. Joseph’s have partnered to establish the William and Lynne Gray Research Chair in Mobility & Activity within Western’s Faculty of Health Sciences.
- Two Western students and a University of Waterloo student launched The Basket Project, a volunteer effort to get personal protective gear to people experiencing homelessness.
LOCAL AND NATIONAL:
- After a string of days with multiple new COVID-19 cases, the Middlesex-London Health Unit is reporting no new cases on Tuesday.
- Financial relief is on the way for the London Transit Commission thanks to plans to resume collecting fares and expected funding from upper levels of government.
- Two major league games scheduled for Monday night and a third game scheduled for Tuesday were postponed as the Miami Marlins deal with a coronavirus outbreak that stranded them in Philadelphia.
- Global air travel is recovering more slowly than expected and it will take until 2024 to return to pre coronavirus pandemic levels, the trade association for the airline industry said Tuesday.
- On Thursday, expect a temperature of 25 degrees with cloudy skies. Moving onto Friday expect temperatures to be 27 degrees with cloudy skies. Expect temperatures to be at a max. Of 28 degrees.