NEWSCAST - Monday 17th August 2020
- Summer Shakespeare enters its 40th year with a production of Pandemic Julius Caesar inspired by North America’s own Ides of March.
LOCAL AND NATIONAL:
- One day after reporting 12 new cases of the novel coronavirus, the highest daily increase in three months, the Middlesex-London Health Unit (MLHU) is reporting no new cases on Sunday.
- A London, Ont., foundation aimed at finding a cure for a rare hereditary disease has launched a new and virtual raffle fundraiser amid the novel coronavirus pandemic.
- MS Dhoni, the former captain of the Indian cricket team, has announced his retirement from international cricket, bringing down curtains on a near 16-year-long storied career of one of the country’s greatest limited-overs cricketers.
- Amid increasing public clashes with his top public health advisers on the pandemic, Donald Trump appears to have turned to an academic whose views on swift reopening in the face of coronavirus mirror his own.
- On Tuesday, expect a temperature of 24 degrees with cloudy skies. Moving onto Wednesday expect temperatures to be 23 degrees with sunny skies. Expect temperatures to be at a max. Of 25 degrees.