NEWSCAST: Tuesday, September 22nd, 2020
- Canada added 1,307 new cases of the novel coronavirus on Monday, fueling worries that the country could be headed towards a second wave of the virus.
- Four Western scholars have been named global winners in the 2020 Global Undergraduate Awards – more winners than any other university.
- Western also has four regional winners whose submissions were selected as the best in the US and Canada.
- A student from H.B. Beal Secondary School in London, Ont. tested positive for COVID-19.
- The trend toward younger people testing positive for COVID-19 continues in the London region, as the health unit announced four news cases on Monday.
- Canadians Ghislaine Landry and Britt Benn have been named to the HSBC 2020 women's rugby sevens Dream Team.
- Landry, the Canadian captain, is the all-time leading scorer on the women's sevens circuit with 1,356 points. Benn, a 31-year-old from Napanee, Ont., has 335 career points on 67 tries.
- Expect the temperatures to be ranging between 23 and 11 degrees Celsius today. It will mostly be sunny during the day followed by a chilly evening.