NEWSCAST - Wednesday 23rd September 2020
- Health officials reported 478 new cases of the novel coronavirus in Ontario on Tuesday, which is the highest daily total since May 2 when 511 cases were confirmed.
- The strength of partnerships – including work to improve refugee settlement services hampered by the pandemic – was key to unlocking support for five London-led research projects newly announced by the Social Sciences and Humanities Research Council (SSHRC).
LOCAL AND NATIONAL:
- Seven people have tested positive for the novel coronavirus in London and Middlesex, while one person has recovered, officials with the Middlesex-London Health Unit (MLHU) reported Tuesday.
- Some parents have been flocking to COVID-19 testing centres, looking to rule out the possibility their children are carrying the infection after reports of exposures happening in schools across Canada.
- After the British government imposed new pandemic restrictions on Tuesday, the English Premier League warned of the "devastating" financial impact it could have on clubs as supporters faced being locked out of games for another six months.
- India's COVID-19 infection tally: a record 1,01,468 patients recovered in a day, taking their number to 44,97,867 and pushing the recovery rate to 80.86 per cent, the Union health ministry data showed.
- On Thursday, expect a temperature of 25 degrees with cloudy skies. Moving onto Friday expect temperatures to be 25 degrees with sunny skies. Expect temperatures to be at a max. Of 25 degrees.