NEWSCAST: Tuesday, September 29th, 2020
- Ontario reported 700 new COVID-19 cases on Monday, marking a new record for the most daily infections ever recorded in the province.
- While Londoners were focusing their attention on possible Fake Homecoming parties on Broughdale Avenue Saturday, it was students living in Western University’s residences who appeared to be causing the most havoc.
LOCAL AND NATIONAL:
- The Middlesex-London Health Unit (MLHU) reported eight new cases of the coronavirus and one new recovery in the region on Monday.
- Canada added 1,739 new cases of the novel coronavirus on Monday, as health officials scramble to contain the outbreak.
- Canada's Leylah Annie Fernandez rallied for a 1-6, 6-2, 6-3 victory over No. 31 seed Magda Linette of Poland in her main-draw debut at the French Open on Monday.
- California firefighters battled destructive new wildfires in wine country north of San Francisco on Monday as strong winds fanned flames in the already badly scorched state.
- Expect the temperatures to be around 17 degrees Celsius today. The day will experience Intervals of clouds and sunshine. On Wednesday, expect the temperatures to be around 18 degrees Celsius.