NEWSCAST - Friday 23rd October 2020
- The province added 826 new cases of COVID-19 Friday morning, down from the 841 infections recorded a day earlier.
- As special advisors on anti-racism, Nicole Kaniki and Bertha Garcia are laying the foundation for an interim advisory council on equity, diversity and inclusion at Western.
LOCAL AND NATIONAL:
- Three long-term care homes in the London area rank among the top 10 in Ontario for the number of violations of provincial rules in place to protect patients and ensure quality of care.
- Tim Hortons is ending the practice of double cupping hot drinks, a move the fast-food restaurant says will eliminate hundreds of millions of cups from landfills each year.
- From minor hockey to competitive cheerleading- London’s organized sports community is reacting with shock over new covid-19 restrictions about to be imposed by the Middlesex London Health Unit.
- The French government is imposing a curfew on two-thirds of the country - 46 million people - from Friday night for six weeks, after a record 41,622 new coronavirus infections in one day.
- On Saturday, expect a temperature of 7 degrees with cloudy skies. Moving onto Sunday expect temperatures to be 9 degrees with sunny skies. Expect temperatures to be at a max. Of 24 degrees