NEWSCAST - Monday 16th November 2020
- Ontario reported 1,487 new cases of coronavirus on Monday, bringing the provincial total to 95,496.
- A new tool developed by a team of Western University computer scientists performs a digital deep dive on the near-endless stream of contact tracing (CT) mobile apps currently available on the market to evaluate their effectiveness and, more importantly for most, their privacy thresholds.
LOCAL AND NATIONAL:
- The Middlesex-London Health Unit (MLHU) reported 15 new cases of the novel coronavirus on Sunday along with 21 recoveries and no new deaths.
- A severe storm off the great lakes wreaked havoc across southwestern Ontario Sunday leaving thousands without power, shoreline communities flooded, and wind damage across the region.
- The legendary Indian actor Soumitra Chatterjee, a famous protégé of Oscar-winning director Satyajit Ray, has died at the age of 85 of health complications related to Covid-19.
- On Tuesday, expect a temperature of 2 degrees with a chance of snowfall. Moving onto Wednesday expect temperatures to be 3 degrees with cloudy skies. Expect temperatures to be at a max. Of 3 degrees.