NEWSCAST - Wednesday 7th October 2020
- Ontario health officials are reporting 583 new cases of COVID-19. According to Wednesday’s provincial report, 180 new cases were recorded in Toronto, 121 in Ottawa, 75 in York Region, 70 in Peel Region, 25 in Hamilton and 23 in Simcoe Muskoka.
- A team of researchers from Western University has designed, developed and constructed a new portable temperature regulating device, which can be used to transport a wide array of temperature-sensitive items including organs, vaccines and pharmaceuticals.
LOCAL AND NATIONAL:
- Gateway Casinos announced Tuesday that it will reopen nearly all of its locations in the province that had been shuttered at the outset of the coronavirus pandemic, later this week.
- The Middlesex-London Health Unit (MLHU) has confirmed that a student at Saunders Secondary School has tested positive COVID-19.
- The Paris prosecutor's office has opened a police investigation into suspicions of match-fixing at the French Open.
- Covid-19 is spreading further among those close to President Trump, with White House advisor Stephen Miller and a senior military official infected.
- On Thursday, expect a temperature of 17 degrees with cloudy skies. Moving onto Friday expect temperatures to be 19 degrees with sunny skies. Expect temperatures to be at a max. Of 17 degrees.