NEWSCAST - Wednesday 2nd December 2020
- Ontario recorded 1,723 new cases of the novel coronavirus on Wednesday, which comes after 1,707 new infections were reported on Tuesday, 1,746 were reported on Monday and 1,798 were reported on Sunday.
- For the second day in a row, the London region has set a new record for daily COVID-19 cases, with the Middlesex-London Health Unit (MLHU) reporting 46 new infections Wednesday.
- Western has established additional support for Indigenous students through a partnership with Indspire, an Indigenous-led national charity that invests in the education of Indigenous Peoples of Canada.
LOCAL AND NATIONAL:
- As case counts climb in connection with the University Hospital COVID-19 outbreaks, which have now claimed six lives, the London Health Sciences Centre says it’s lowering flags to half-mast.
- British officials authorized a COVID-19 vaccine for emergency use on Wednesday, green-lighting the world's first shot against the virus that's backed by rigorous science and taking a major step toward eventually ending the pandemic.
- On Tuesday, expect a temperature of 4 degrees with cloudy skies. Moving onto Wednesday expect temperatures to be 3 degrees with a chance of snowfall. Expect temperatures to be at a max. Of 4 degrees.