NEWSCAST - Monday 18th January 2021
- Ontario is reporting 2,578 new cases of the coronavirus on Monday, bringing the provincial total to 240,364.
- The Middlesex-London Health Unit confirmed Saturday afternoon that the first case of the U.K. variant of COVID-19 has been detected in the region.
- A team of Western researchers has developed a simple test – faster and more accurate than any approved thus far in Canada – to determine who has developed COVID-19 antibodies.
LOCAL AND NATIONAL:
- Ontario Premier Doug Ford will make an announcement in York Region on Monday amid a rising number of COVID-19 cases in the province.
- India has begun one of the world’s biggest Covid-19 vaccination programmes, the first major developing country to roll out the vaccine, marking the beginning of an effort to immunise more than 1.3 billion people.
- On Tuesday, expect a temperature of -3 degrees with cloudy skies. Moving onto Wednesday expect temperatures to be -5 degrees with cloudy skies. Expect temperatures to be at a max. Of 0 degrees.