NEWSCAST - Monday 8th March 2021
- Ontario is reporting 1,631 new COVID-19 cases on the same day stay-at-home orders lift in three regions, including Toronto and Peel — which have consistently seen the province's highest number of infections throughout the pandemic.
- While students at-large elected Zamir Fakirani as president last month, the University Students' Council internally selected the remaining five executives:
Ziyana Kotadia - VP University Affairs
Eunice Olajedo - VP External Affairs
Callista Ryan - VP Communications and Public Affairs
Nathan Szierer - VP Governance and Finance
Maddie Osborne - VP Student Support and Programming
LOCAL AND NATIONAL:
- Monday marks International Women's Day, a day meant to celebrate the social, economic, cultural and political achievements of women across the globe.
CBC London spoke to four women about what they find inspirational, who they look up to, and what advice they want to pass on to the next generation of young women.
- An MP from Angela Merkel's party has stepped down from Germany's parliament over a scandal about the purchase of face masks during the pandemic.
Nikolas Löbel announced he would leave the CDU party after it emerged that his firm had earned around €250,000 ($300,000) from the sales.
- On Tuesday, expect a temperature of 8 degrees with cloudy skies. Moving onto Wednesday expect temperatures to be 11 degrees with a chance. Expect temperatures to be at a max. Of 7 degrees.